Position Title: Jr. Marketing Front-end Web Developer
Reports to: Sr. Director, Digital Marketing
Location: Lower mainland, BC Canada (Remote)
The Jr Marketing Front-end Web Developer is responsible for supporting the front-end web development for all websites and marketing platforms supported under the digital marketing department with a focus on our company member portal, consumer and corporate company websites, specialist website platform, and client website platform. This role will perform website development/design, and database maintenance/manipulation for online marketing campaigns. This position is responsible for the support and advancement of digital marketing campaign and program development such as e-mail, social media, SEO, digital advertising and website design and development.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas:
- Support, recommend, maintain, and enhance user interface of internal and external web platforms/products
- Collaborate with team to develop/maintain an integrated website framework
- Manage updates and maintenance, as required, for the front-end of the company member portal
- Maintain site integrity
- Continually optimize and improve digital properties
- Support miscellaneous web design projects throughout organization
- Understand business goals and challenges, and work towards them in every project
- Collaborate with team leaders and members to advance strategic objectives
- Technical Capacity
- Active listener
- Attention to detail
- Creativity and innovation
- Focus on quality
- Problem solving and results-oriented
- Relationship management
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A strong communicator; you are clear, concise and straight-to-the-point and you are not afraid to express your opinions, challenges, and recommendations
- Detail-oriented and able to adhere to, help develop and improve processes
- Able to work well with a team but also complete projects independently
- Capable of delivering on deadlines and communicating challenges and reasons for potential delays before due dates, also knowing when to ask for help
- Professional with a twist; you are able to have fun, joke, and laugh while balancing an intense workload with the team
- Eager to learn and interested in professional development and growth
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Understanding of custom email development
- Experience in Google Analytics (Event Tracking/Campaign Tracking)
- Experience with MVC, specifically Laravel
- Experience using: Slack, Google Hangout, Asana, and Google Drive
- Understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Agency or freelance experience an asset
- Diploma or degree in computer science or similar.
- Experience working remotely
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
Position type & expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday; 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This position is non- exempt from overtime.
- Medical and dental benefits 100% covered by company
- Free and confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation/Personal/Sick Days
- 11 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- IATA Travel Industry Card (discounts and promotions on Travel)
- Matching Retirement Program
- Hardware (i.e., laptop and VOIP phone), internet costs covered
Ensemble Travel® Group is a travel industry related company which supports travel agencies with turnkey marketing and technology solutions. Founded in 1968, Ensemble is a proactive, member-owned international organization of approximately 850 professional travel agencies in the U.S. and Canada, and with recent expansion into Australia and New Zealand. With a membership that represents billions of dollars in travel sales each year, Ensemble Travel Group has achieved a 50-year record of boosting members' profits and delivering high-volume sales to its preferred suppliers.
- 3+ yrs of front-end developer experience
- 2 yr experience with front-end framework (i.e, Bootstrap)
- Expert knowledge of HTML5/CSS3
- Understanding and application of SEO principles (technical & content)
- 1 yr experience with code versioning tools (i.e, Git / Mercurial / SVN)
- Strong understanding of development with PHP/MySQL
- Experience with pre-processing build tools (i.e., Grunt, Gulp, Elixir, LESS, SASS, Abraia)
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues