Position Title: Vice President, Supplier Relations, North America
Reports to: President
Location: NYC HQ office
The Vice President of Supplier Relations, North America has the overall responsibility for Ensemble’s North American portfolio of preferred partners, which includes cruise lines, tour operators, airlines, hotels, tourism boards, and on location (DMC) partners. Ideally this role will be based in the NYC HQ office, but open to remote candidates with outstanding qualifications.
In this role, the Vice President of Supplier Relations, North America ensures that the current supplier portfolio and associated programs continue to be relevant to Ensemble members and their clients, while also ensuring Ensemble is viewed as an important sales and communication channel by the supplier partners.
This position will oversee management of existing programs along with the creation of new programs. As a member of the Executive Team, the VP of Supplier Relations, North America will work collaboratively across functional areas to define Ensemble’s strategic vision and objectives, and execute these initiatives within the Supplier Relations department. Alignment to Ensemble’s strategic vision is paramount to the success of this role; the overarching goal is to drive incremental and new revenue streams.
This role requires interaction both internally and externally at a senior level.
This position carries out the following responsibilities:
- Develop and implement overarching vision and direction for Ensemble Supplier Relations department
- Negotiate annual contract agreements with key partners while team negotiates directly with smaller partners
- Collaborate with Marketing team to strategize and determine mix of supplier tactics and programs, including print, electronic, consumer and trade. For key partners with high marketing spend, the Marketing department will be directly involved in the annual negotiation
- Oversee the monitoring of tracking revenue targets
- Work closely with key internal teams like Business Development, Training, and Marketing to achieve target goals
- Contribute to determining and prioritizing new technology enhancements to help drive additional sales to key partners. Collaborate with the Data Insights team to continually evolve the access and accuracy of various data sources for better reporting and analysis
- Provide strategic input into the development of new programs and products
- Maintain strong relationships with key partners by representing company at supplier events and advisory boards
- Analyze new potential partnerships for fit within current portfolio
- Intercede between members and partners when issues need resolution
- Support Membership Services and Business Development team, as requested
- Support Ensemble’s Australian entity with either global contracts or assistance in introductions to partners’ local representatives
- Oversee the monitoring of tracking revenue targets
- Work closely with the Finance department for budgeting and forecasting and revenue reconciliation from suppliers
- Ethical Practice
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Relationship Management
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
This position manages a team of 5 and has 3 direct reports.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This position directs work and has autonomy, and as such, is exempt from overtime.
Travel is expected for this position and may be as much as 40%.
- Medical and dental benefits with employer contributions (FSA / HSA also available)
- Vacation, personal, and sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- 401K and Matching Retirement Program
- Free and confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- IATA Travel Industry Card (discounts and promotions on Travel)
Ensemble Travel® Group is a travel industry related company which supports travel agencies with turnkey marketing and technology solutions. Founded in 1968, Ensemble is a proactive, member-owned international organization of approximately 850 professional travel agencies in the U.S. and Canada, and with recent expansion into Australia and New Zealand. With a membership that represents billions of dollars in travel sales each year, Ensemble Travel Group has achieved a 50-year record of boosting members' profits and delivering high-volume sales to its preferred suppliers.
- Demonstrated success managing relationships, executing programs and developing new ideas and initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity; sound judgment and ability to communicate and work collaboratively across the organization openly and respectfully
- Excellent oral communications, writing, editing, critical and strategic thinking, and leadership skills
- High level understanding of travel industry
Required Education and Experience:
- A college degree
- 10 years of experience in related travel industry field
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Management position
- Experience in critical thinking, creative solutions and inspiring a team and colleagues, with a strong commitment to reaching set goals and objectives
- Experience in leading and inspiring a highly effective team with a strong commitment to reaching set goals and objectives
- Proven success in negotiating complex contracts
- Experience in revenue management and data analysis
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Certifications: CTA and or CTC / CTIE
- Familiarity with travel agency processes and technology