Reports to: Senior Director, Meeting & Event Planning
Location: New York City
The Office Manager/Meeting & Events Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day operations of New York office with support to the Events department.
This individual will work closely with the Senior Director of Meeting and Event Planning as well as the Co-Presidents (as needed for admin support).
- Manage the office; including coordinating with IT to make sure all office equipment is functioning properly, maintaining office supplies and stock. Work directly with building management and staff on issues and improvements.
- Support implantation of office policies and procedures.
- Set up and manage various off-site meetings and conferences for Ensemble Travel Group and/or Board of Directors.
- Review and submit expense report documents for the NYC based co-President, NYC office administrative expenses and for US based events.
- Oversee the reception area and greet external guests.
- Answer general office phone and route calls as needed.
- Accept and distribute mail, UPS, Fedex.
- Organize, plan, and execute on company events, luncheons, etc.
- Responsible for maintenance of Board of Director along with the coordination and creation of quarterly Board of Director kits.
- Work closely with Co President to keep her informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Send companywide and/or co-President emails to Ensemble members.
- Manage travel arrangements for the co-President and visiting internal senior team members.
- Work closely with the executive assistant for the Toronto based co-President
- Support additional needs of the co-President’s broader teams, as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You take initiative and have a whatever-it-takes attitude
- You have strong organizational skills
- You have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and are strong in proof-reading and editing.
- You are energetic and an effective problem-solver
- You meet deadlines and achieve goals in a non-stop, fast moving work place
- You are friendly, personable, and caring
- You are passionate about helping people and develop strong relationships
- You have the ability to work independently and successfully with all levels
- You have a strong sense of urgency, are able to multitask, and are detail oriented
- You have the ability to exhibit a high level of patience and discretion and deal with sensitive and confidential information
- You are a highly resourceful team-player
- You have a strong aptitude for technology and are able to quickly learn new applications
- Experience in the Travel industry would be preferred
- Three to five years of work experience
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point), SharePoint, Concur, Survey Monkey and other software as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Travel to off-site locations required (approximately 20 days/year)