Reports to: Senior Director, Product Development and Technology Solutions
Location: New York City or Remote ✅
Responsible for the stability and integrity of third party technology products focusing on performance and requirements validation. This individual will be responsible for shadowing Product Managers/Directors during the implementation process to document requirements and design a test process at the group and individual stakeholder levels. This individual will be responsible for tracking and documenting product capabilities, and limitations, to be used for internal and external training programs, continued development projects and for end user updates and communications.
This individual will work closely with Product Managers/Directors and Product Support Specialists to analyze product performance and participate in the design of product adoption planning.
- Evaluates product performance, system integrations and customizations by documenting requirements and designing test plans to validate 3rd party technologies.
- Evaluates technology against Product Owner definitions based on business case, use case and SOW criteria.
- Documents installation procedures, administrative dependencies, maintenance schedules, and enhancements for consumer and business applications for both external clients including Consumers, Agent and Agency end users and internal (employee) stakeholders.
- Conducts technical needs assessment by collecting operational information related to stakeholder work procedures, work flow, and reporting requirements.
- Designs tech training materials by identifying and describing information needs; using desktop publishing; submitting versions for review; revising and editing final copy.
- Maintains an up-to-date and effective knowledge base by following organizational standards and legal regulations.
- Conducts product reviews as needed via reference materials, train-the-trainer, recorded, e-learning and one-on-one training sessions on product-specific, operational-specific, and general software services and applications.
- Recommends and maintains quality control procedures to establish and enforce standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending product calls, product reviews, (where available) educational workshops; reviewing publications and evaluating change management needs against product enhancements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Project Management Expertise and Self-Development
- Technical Zeal and Aptitude, Adept at Presenting Technical Information
- Confidence in Managing Complex and Multi-level Projects
- Microsoft Office Skills, Adobe Creative Skills, LMS knowledge.
- Professional Presentation and Written Communication Skills
- Experience in Creating and Delivering Quality Control Proficiencies and Training
- 5+ Years in the travel industry with exposure to Agency operations and/or Agent technologies
- Knowledge of GDS reservation technologies – Sabre, Travelport, Amadeus
- Experience in the deployment of technologies to Travel Consumers, Travel Agents and/or Travel Suppliers