Position Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Reports to: Assistant Controller
Location: NYC HQ office
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for full-cycle multi-currency accounts receivable; including billing, processing incoming payments, and reconciling customer accounts for three countries (US, CA and AUS). Research, resolve, and clear inquiries from members and suppliers to ensure on-time receipts and relationship management.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas:
- Maintain Microsoft Dynamics GP accounts receivable files and records.
- Generate all invoices for US, CA & AU in local currencies including recurring billing. Ensure invoices are coded correctly to GL prior to posting. Process voids and rebills, as necessary.
- Create and modify customer records in Microsoft Dynamics GP systems.
- Responsible for receiving and applying all cash receipts from members & suppliers to the proper accounts.
- Collecting outstanding receivables as applicable
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues and inquiries, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
- Deposit checks received in US office on weekly basis.
- Administrator for online bill payment portal that automate credit card and eCheck (US only) payments and cash receipts. Act as system support for password reset and other user inquiries.
- Train new internal and external users on how to use the portals.
- Prepare monthly aged receivable reports using multiple systems, including Microsoft Dynamics GP Smartlist, Excel and ePay, for senior management.
- Schedule monthly AR meetings with senior management and report slow paying customers; invoices aged over 90 days.
- Update Supplier & Member Receivable cash balances report on SharePoint by 5th business day of each month to ensure accurate details are available to senior management
- Assist with month-end closings, annual audit and annual member distribution
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient working relationships with members and suppliers.
- Assist with income reconciliation audit.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3-5 Years Accounts Receivables
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Travel industry experience
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Attention to Detail
- Trustworthy and Ethical
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities
Position type & expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This position is non-exempt and eligible for overtime.
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
- Medical and dental benefits with employer contributions (FSA / HSA)
- Vacation/Personal/Sick Days
- 11 paid holidays
- 401K and Matching Retirement Program
- Free and confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- IATA Travel Industry Card (discounts and promotions on Travel)
Ensemble Travel® Group is a travel industry related company which supports travel agencies with turnkey marketing and technology solutions. Founded in 1968, Ensemble is a proactive, member-owned international organization of approximately 850 professional travel agencies in the U.S. and Canada, and with recent expansion into Australia and New Zealand. With a membership that represents billions of dollars in travel sales each year, Ensemble Travel Group has achieved a 50-year record of boosting members' profits and delivering high-volume sales to its preferred suppliers.