We are looking for a dynamic Business Development Director to join our team. The candidate must currently reside on the West Coast of the United States.
In this role, the Business Development Director is responsible for identifying and bringing on new member travel agencies along with supporting and deepening the Ensemble relationship with current members within a defined geographic area.
1. Build, manage and close a pipeline of new prospective members.
2. Maintain and implement an effective communication program with Owners, Managers and Front Line Agents
3. Analyze member needs in terms of current business obstacles, identifying opportunities and scoping potential solution sales through our preferred supplier portfolio.
4. Develop and manage long-term member relationships/partnerships with the executive (Owner/Manager) decision makers in assigned territory.
5. Deliver sales plans; provide documented reviews of business plans with Members through utilization of Salesforce.
6. Explore and stay abreast of competition in an attempt to find and maintain a competitive edge. Act as a conduit between the member agency and Ensemble headquarters in terms of helping to define new or revamp existing Ensemble products and programs. The Business Development Director will be the ultimate member agency advocate
Preferred Education and Experience:
Travel up to 50% is expected for this position.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
Position type & expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This position is exempt from overtime.
Perks of the job:
Ensemble Travel® Group is a travel industry related company which supports travel agencies with turnkey marketing and technology solutions. Founded in 1968, Ensemble is a proactive, member-owned international organization of approximately 850 professional travel agencies in the U.S. and Canada, and with recent expansion into Australia and New Zealand. With a membership that represents billions of dollars in travel sales each year, Ensemble Travel Group has achieved a 50-year record of boosting members' profits and delivering high-volume sales to its preferred suppliers.