Position Title: Translator
Reports to: Senior Director of Business Strategy, QC
Location: Montreal, QC
The Translator is responsible for performing B2B Communications, B2B Marketing material for agencies, press releases, training & events communications. The Translator works closely with the Communication Specialist, Senior Director of Business Strategy, Marketing Supervisor, and Business Development and Training Manager in supporting the Quebec operations.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas:
- B2B Communications: French and English communications sent to membership (emails, Letters, Year-end reporting, Press releases, Red Alert, Branché, Currents, supplier reporting, BOD communications, surveys)
- B2B Marketing: Update French sales kit, marketing campaign for members, 12 Ezine, final proof for 8 Magazines, marketing plans, Marketing contracts, E-Newsletter.
- Training & Events: Translate and Edit all events materials (Destination Mariage Training, OASIS Regional Conference, Owner Manager Meeting, Ensemble Extraordinaire, International Conference), U of E platform, as well as assistance in the various training and Events of the Quebec Market.
- Ensemble Products /Programs: provide translation services for Aviate and Navigate platforms
- Maintain a bilingual terminology database for translation purposes
- Process translated content into the translation memory
- Provide translation and revision at all time for the team in Montreal
- Attention to details
- Computer skills
- Time Management
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years experience in the Travel Industry
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Position type & expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position and is exempt from overtime. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Full time position with competitive salary
- Medical and dental benefits
- Vacation / Personal / Sick Days
- 11 paid holidays
- RRSP and matching Retirement Program
- Mentorship Program
Ensemble Travel® Group is a travel industry related company which supports travel agencies with turnkey marketing and technology solutions. Founded in 1968, Ensemble is a proactive, member-owned international organization of approximately 850 professional travel agencies in the U.S. and Canada, and with recent expansion into Australia and New Zealand. With a membership that represents billions of dollars in travel sales each year, Ensemble Travel Group has achieved a 50-year record of boosting members' profits and delivering high-volume sales to its preferred suppliers.
- Perfectly bilingual written and oral from French to English and from English to French
- Bachelor in translation or connected field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience with translation software (Logiterm, is an asset)
- Interest in the Travel /Tourism field is necessary
- Working in an autonomous way while maintaining a team spirit
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills with attention to details.