Position Title: Human Resources Director
Location: Toronto, Canada
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the Human Resources department which overseas personnel operations in US and Canada. The Human Resources Manager works closely with the Human Resources Generalist, Co-Presidents, and Financial Controller.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas:
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel / HR matters.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends in US, Canada, and Australia and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
- Implements compensation strategy in partnership with the business
- Ensures all Job Descriptions are in compliance and audited on an annual basis
- Develops and maintains human resource information system (HRIS) that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Responds to all EEOC, DOL, HRL, and NLRB petitions
- Consults with legal counsel and / or Professional Employer Organization (PEO) on personnel matters, as necessary.
- Supports training of employees
- Supports and manages the internal recruitment process
- Benefits administration - works with other departments regarding renewal and negotiation of employee benefits in US and Canada.
- Other admin duties, as needed
- Conflict Management
- Sensitivity to others
- Developing Employees
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Practice
- Relationship Management
- Professional Development
Approximately 20% of travel is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management
- 5+ years experience in working with Company Culture
- Medical and dental benefits paid 100% by employer
- Free and confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation / Personal / Sick Days
- 11 paid holidays
- Matching Retirement Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- IATA Travel Industry Card (discounts and promotions on travel)
This position manages one employee of the HR department.
Position type & expected hours of work:
This is a Full-Time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This position is exempt from overtime.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Ensemble Travel® Group is a travel industry related company which supports travel agencies with turnkey marketing and technology solutions. Founded in 1968, Ensemble is a proactive, member-owned international organization of approximately 850 professional travel agencies in the U.S. and Canada, and with recent expansion into Australia and New Zealand. With a membership that represents billions of dollars in travel sales each year, Ensemble Travel Group has achieved a 50-year record of boosting members' profits and delivering high-volume sales to its preferred suppliers.
- 8 - 10 years in Human Resources Leadership role
- 5+ years experience in Recruitment and Interviewing
- 5+ years experience in developing and implementing Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs)
- Development and implementation of Record Retention policies
- Bachelor's degree
- HR Certification SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or HRCI Senior Professional in Human Resources - International (SPHRi), or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), or Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR)
- Maintain certification or have the ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
- Proven dedication to positive company culture