The Marketing Data Analyst is responsible for performing ongoing data analysis using various CRM systems and supplier sales and booking reports. This position will provide the North American marketing teams with robust metrics and campaign ROI and overall business intelligence. This position will assess customer segments and tactics from a holistic (print and digital) perspective, understanding and interpreting the complete customer journey and all relevant marketing touch points.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas:
- Manage Standardized Reporting Tool Process: by working with internal stakeholders to determine ongoing business intelligence needed in order to design, develop and produce ongoing reports and dashboards to support the business.
- Marketing Campaign Analysis: Provide ROI analysis of all online and print marketing campaigns with predefined key performance indicators.
- Knowledge of proper Testing Groups: Work with Marketing Team Members to create a solid test design that will produce statistically sound, actionable results.
- Knowledge of Data Append Concepts: Use demographic, psychographic, and financial segmentation methodology and recommend how it applies and enhances direct marketing campaigns.
- Application of Persona Profiling: How to use persona insights to determine marketing strategy.
- Lead Generation and Conversion: Create and put into practice digital lead scoring methodology and analyze conversion tracking data
- Data Modeling: Use of best customer and regression index modeling for data-mining purposes.
- Knowledge of Core Marketing Strategies: Apply marketing strategies to develop customer prospecting and retention programs.
- Maintain Standardized Marketing Reports: Prepare all reports on a weekly and/or monthly basis and prepare all sales data and assist senior management to draft appropriate strategies and analyze all significant models.
- Create Mailing Lists: Prepare all mailing lists, maintaining applicable business rules while ensuring the high quality of data at all times.
Member & Supplier Facing Data Analysis Responsibilities
- Work closely with member agencies to extract and deliver customer data to 3rd party modeling company.
- Work with data scientists and architects team through data cleansing, analysis and segmentation process.
- Build customized reports and presentations to transform segmentation model results into actionable business insights .
- Apply travel industry knowledge to interpret data and assist member agencies in creating strategic business plans.
- Work closely with supplier partners to identify core target market segments within the ETG marketing database.
- Build customized reports and presentations to report on campaign ROI.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understand the correlation between the most important social and display KPIs (i.e. engagements, reach, clicks, CPC, CPE, CPM, VCR, etc)
- Familiar with the methodology behind digital lead scoring and conversion tracking
Required Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of marketing experience
- 3+ years of experience creating reports and analyzing campaign performance
- Bachelor’s degree or Certificate in Business Administration or Data Sciences Certificate
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of statistics and direct marketing concepts such as RFM, contact strategy and A/B testing tools
- Experience working with data compilers such as Merkle, Experian and Environics
- Experience with CRM systems such as Zoho, WinCruise and or ClientBase
- Knowledge of demographic, psychographic and financial profile models
- Experience with digital analytics (social, display, web)
- Working knowledge of web analytics (knowledge of Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics).
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Some experience of SQL and/or MS Access
- Experience with any marketing automation
- Use of multivariate testing tools (i.e., Optimizely, Maxymiser)
- Experience with digital marketing channels such as web, mobile, email, social media, and SEO/SEM
What Core Competencies should you demonstrate:
- Detail orientation
- Focus on quality
- Problem solving
- Ability to learn new systems