This position is responsible for supporting the front-end web development for all websites and marketing platforms supported under the digital marketing department with a focus on our company member portal, consumer and corporate company websites, specialist website platform, and client website platform. You will perform website development/design, and database maintenance/manipulation for online marketing campaigns. You are responsible for the support and advancement of digital marketing campaign and program development such as e-mail, social media, SEO, digital advertising and website design and development.
Preferred Location: Lower Mainland, British Columbia
- Support, recommend, maintain and enhance the user interface of internal and external web platforms/products
- Work in coordination with the team to develop/maintain an integrated website framework
- Manage updates and maintenance as required for the front-end of the company member portal
- Support miscellaneous web design projects throughout the organization
- Be proactive at maintaining the integrity of our sites
- Be proactive at continually optimizing and improving our digital properties
- Understand business goals and challenges and work towards them in every project
- Collaborate with team leaders and members to advance strategic objectives
- 3+ years of related professional experience
- Expert knowledge of HTML5/CSS3
- Proficiency with Bootstrap front-end framework or similar
- Strong understanding of development with PHP/MySQL
- Experience with pre-processing build tools (Grunt, Gulp, Elixir, LESS, SASS, Abraia)
- Experience with code versioning tools (Git / Mercurial / SVN)
- Understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Understanding and application of SEO principles (technical & content)
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience with MVC, specifically Laravel
- Understanding of custom email development
- Experience using Slack
- Experience using Google Hangouts
- Experience using Asana
- Experience using Google Drive
- Experience using Google Analytics (Event Tracking/Campaign Tracking)
- Experience working remotely
You are the right person for this role if you are
- A strong communicator; you are clear, concise and straight-to-the-point and you are not afraid to express your opinions, challenges, and recommendations.
- Detail-oriented and able to adhere to, help develop and improve processes.
- Able to work well with a team but also complete projects independently.
- Capable of delivering on deadlines and communicating challenges and reasons for potential delays before due dates, also knowing when to ask for help.
- Professional with a twist; you are able to have fun, joke, and laugh while balancing an intense workload with the team.
- Eager to learn and interested in professional development and growth.
Perks of the job
- Full time position with competitive salary
- Medical and dental benefits
- Vacation/Personal/Sick Days
- Matching Retirement Program
- Hardware (Laptop or Desktop/Mac or Windows)
- Internet Costs Included
- VOIP Phone Included
- Home-based position